The second way Jesus tells people to resist, is to get naked. But it is a purposeful nakedness that plays with a cultural understanding of shame. In the process, it serves as a light of the world. That is a lot to take from the words, “and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well.” So let me explain and draw a modern equivalent to getting naked. Once again, Walter Wink will be our guide.
- Episode Transcript
- Is Jesus’ Resistance a Thing?
- Light of the World
- The Powers That Be by Walter Wink (affiliate)
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (affiliate)
- The IRS Is Letting Rich People Fleece Everyone Else
- Katie Porter and Jamie Dimon
- Series List